A month after Asia and ten days in the US, Sony launches its new PlayStation Plus subscription in Europe on June 23, offering unlimited access to hundreds of games.
Until now, PlayStation Now was a simple platform that allowed users to play together online. The PlayStation Plus offers a completely redesigned version. So, for a few more euros each month, the 48 million subscribers of the redesigned service can now get an extensive list of games that can be downloaded at no extra cost.
This change opens up a new frontier in the console market with its major competitor, Microsoft. Game Boss, the name of the American company’s subscription video game service, has actually become one of its spears. The American manufacturer is asking for 25 million subscribers for a service, until then there is no serious competition.
Three subscriptions to Sony’s service
To fully understand the definitions of the new PlayStation Plus, here are three subscriptions:
- L ‘Initial offer Already exists and costs (still) 9 euros. It will not change anything other than its name, it will be PlayStation Plus “Essential”. It allows Internet users to connect with other cameras from rival consoles such as the Nintendo Switch Online and Xbox Live Gold. Free download of two or three latest games per month and free access to some of the best PlayStation 4 classics (PlayStation Plus Collection) is maintained. Like storing your saved data online and getting discounts on the console’s digital store.
- For 15 euros, theIntermediate offer (PlayStation Plus “Extras”) Services provided by previous subscription and include free access to the comprehensive library. Targeting players who want to buy fewer games individually or augment their experience. For now, Sony has not yet provided a complete list of the library of games available in Europe, but has said it plans to offer 400. God of War, Sushima’s ghost Where Marvel’s Spider-Man. There are also blockbusters from third-party publishers such as Rockstar Games (Red Dead Recovery II) Or Ubisoft (Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla), The push of the nails for the PlayStation 4 Classics or standalone gaming.
- Offer Above the line 17 euros is primarily aimed at nostalgia. This “premium” PlayStation Plus integrates the services of two previous ranges, while streaming more than 350 games from older Sony consoles only. PSP or PlayStation 1 and 2 are available in “optimal” versions. The ones on the PlayStation 3 will be offered just like they were when they were released. Another notable new feature: This subscription allows users to try out video games that have been released for a limited time, to determine whether or not to purchase.
Four differences with Microsoft’s Game Pass
Sony and Microsoft subscriptions are not equal. So they are definitely not comparable. Here are four points to look at more clearly and understand how to distinguish them:
- In what media are they available? Sony’s offer will only run on the PlayStation 4 and 5 consoles. The publisher’s list is for owners of Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles, but also for PCs running Windows 10 or 11, or even a simple smartphone. In the cloud.
- How much does it cost? On the one hand, we have the PlayStation Plus, a service divided into three different ranges, priced at 9, 15 or 17 euros per month. The more you pay, the larger the list and access to additional services. Microsoft’s service is divided into two limits, ranging from 10 to 14 euros. The user who pays the cheapest subscription will have to choose between access to the PC or Xbox table, both of which are considerably the same. Both can be accessed for a higher fee. Note that both Sony and Microsoft offer discounts by choosing the annual subscription.
- Who has the biggest list? It is impossible to decide because the offers are not equal. Sony’s variable geometry: It ranges from 2 to 800 games depending on the subscription type. Sony’s PlayStation Plus “Extra” competes with Microsoft’s Game Pass: both offer around 400 latest games, and this list changes every month.
- Can I play new games? The strategy of Sony and Microsoft will differ at this particular point. In order to attract customers, Microsoft must integrate its Game Pass immediately with the release of its exclusive games. Conversely, Sony will always bet on unit sales. PlayStation Plus does not include the latest blockbusters from its studios Gran Turismo7 Where Horizon Forbidden West. Next God of War: Ragnarok Not reported on service either. However, the company did not close the door on very simple topics: வழிதவறி Blue Twelve Studios’ des Montpelliérains will be on PlayStation Plus when it goes on sale on July 19th.
“Hardcore explorer. Extreme communicator. Professional writer. General music practitioner. Prone to fits of apathy.”