As winter say goodbye and the days get warmer everything around us changes too. Fruits like watermelon become favorites and slushes and ice tea are preferred. But that’s not where it all ends; there are prominent changes in our wardrobe as well and brighter colors take place for darker ones.
With the change in temperature, there are changes in our makeup look as well. More specifically our lip shades change from dark or completely nude to bright and vibrant colors.
So this summer glam up yourself with these 5 shades:
This color is an all-rounder and goes with almost all the dresses. It’s a must-have and is suitable for a casual outing, for a meeting or if you are a student this color is best to wear for classes. It ranges from coral orange to orange-red, a combination of hues from unfussy to fiery.
Some brands offering perfect orange shades are:
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Sheer Lipstick $37
- RMS Wild With Desire Lipstick in Firestarter $28
- Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Fire $28
You can have a wider range of shades when it comes to pink. You can choose from fuchsia, pink perfect for a date night, or flamingo pink for a street style look. Hot pink seems daring as well and is definitely a must-have especially for giving a bold look. Rose pink is perfect for a sweet and delicate look.
Brands to look out for:
- Maybelline New York Color Sensational Powder Matte Lipstick in Nocturnal Rose, $7.49
- Axiology Lipstick in Bonafide $30
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Lip Gloss in Stardust $36
Be it orange-red or wine red, every hue of this color is a winner. It explains a lot about the person and probably is one of the shades that can be easily found in every female’s collection. After all, who doesn’t love red lipstick? This is another favorite shade to have this summer.
Here are some of the brands to go for:
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Paint On Liquid Lipcolor in Scream Sexy $ 28
- New York Color Sensational Lip Color, Red Revolution, $5.50
- Tom Ford Lip Slick in Red Nectar, $54
Like red, the color nude is suitable all year round and for almost every occasion and perfect for giving a subtle look. Nude colors go bold with black and even perfect with a pink dress. Like red, the range in nude colors is loved by every woman, and you’ll definitely find one of these with everyone.
Some of the brands that offer the best nude shades are:
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick in Dazzling Doe, $9.99
- Burt’s Bees® 100% Natural Glossy Lipstick, Nude Rain, $7.63
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 1993
Last on the list but definitely not the least, purple is a color that is vibrant enough for a perfect for a party night. It’s daring but definitely ready to give you a new look for the day. It’s even perfect for giving you a street style look. Apply purple with an overall light makeup to rock all your outfits.
Here are some brands to look up for a purple lipstick:
- Milk Makeup Lip Color In Dip Out $22
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Blushing Pout $6
- Mary Kay® Gel Semi-Shine Lipstick $18
So, are you trying out these shades already or are you already amazing the crowd with your glam style? If you don’t have them then what are you waiting for? Stock them up and level up your style game. Besides, makeup shopping is never enough anyway.